Thursday, June 2, 2011

Welcome ~ Intro To My Blog

Welcome to the Domestic CEO Journey. Growing up we have ideals of what it is to be a “grown woman” a wife, mother and yes, even have a career. But as we grow older, get married, have kids and careers, our life grows and so do our responsibilities. All of our lives are different. You may be married, divorced, a single parent, or just someone who has a lot of responsibilities in life period. We take care of so many details and do so many things for other people that it grows so much sometimes that we lose who we are. But we have one thing in common…the woman who had her own thoughts, dreams and desires gets buried under all that growth.

So how do we take care of all the things we need to do and still keep who we are? How do we prune back the growth, keep the roots and get back that strong woman who had her own thoughts, dreams and desires, or if you are just starting on the road to life’s responsibilities, keep it?

I took a long look at my own life and where I am and who I was and where I was going. I am in that process now. I am contemplating who I am now and where is the woman I used to be? I have lost me somewhere and I am overwhelmed, like so many other women, and as I work through all this I am hoping to give some insight to others to help them get back the woman they were, or help them become the woman they want to be. A strong true woman of God as in Proverbs 31. Is that attainable? We shall see. As you join me on this journey, I hope it helps you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment